VirtualBox stopped working on Win8.1 with

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Shmyg

VirtualBox stopped working on Win8.1 with

Post by Shmyg »

Actually the problem is in the subject. I've got Windows 8.1 host with VirtualBox. Till yesterday everything worked fine and today it suddenly stopped working. I can't launch VB at all, as Windows throws the error '0xc00007b' and the only option is to close the application. Tried re-installing VB, now have the latest version (4.3.10), but to no avail. Nothing has been changed in Windows itself as per my knowledge. Any ideas?
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: VirtualBox stopped working on Win8.1 with

Post by loukingjr »

The only thing I can think of is part of VB is still running in the background. I would check the task manager as see if any VB processes are loaded and stop them if they are and try to launch it again. Other than that, I haven't a clue.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox stopped working on Win8.1 with

Post by socratis »

Shmyg wrote:Windows throws the error '0xc00007b'
Searching for this error I found a couple of potential troubleshooting techniques: 1 and 2. You can try several of the proposed solutions. But it seems that the underlying cause is some sort of corruption, either in the main program or its supporting libraries.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.