bugreport - vbox crashing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
wdolek

bugreport - vbox crashing

Post by wdolek »

hi, where can i send bugreport? and.. is vbox generating somewhere any log file?

i'm running windoze xp, sp2, latest vbox and on it linux - xubuntu and opensuse. i have tried debian or freebsd too. there were some "bug" when i was browsing inet, sometimes, whole vbox crashed - i was browsing on linux in vbox and vbox crashed...

:( what's that? i'm sure, that it is "web page independent" - everytime vbox crashes i'm browsing different page... one time google search, second time blog ... and so on...
wdolek

buu :(

Post by wdolek »

Code: Select all

AppName: virtualbox.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: vboxvmm.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 0003ee63
and a lot of crappy binary data which i could not copy from damn dialog window :(( ...
rkernahan

Software that is known to conflict with VirtualBox?

Post by rkernahan »

Is any Windows software known to conflict with VirtualBox?

My VirtualBox GUI crashes and guests VMs cannot be started either.
Now its probably self-inflicted because VB was working fine until a little while after I installed Litestep :-(
But having uninstalled Litestep and uninstalled and reinstalled VirtualBox, VB was still not working for some time. Then it was, Now it isn't again. I have not yet isolated the cause. Installing Litestep by itself does not seem to cause failure, but certain LS modules do cause VB to fail.
I can imagine that an application that handles the desktop and screen might get in the way of VB, so it makes sense if Litestep on the host causes problems. But any ideas on how to resolve the problem? Would you like the dump details posted?
There is also a Windows XP Powertoy for managing virtual desktops. I can imagine that that could also mess with VirtualBox's assumptions about the host's screen - is that a known cause of failure?