Error 0x8007007e ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mistersmith

Error 0x8007007e ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

Post by mistersmith »

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help?

I installed virtualbox (VirtualBox_1.5.6-1_Win_x86.msi), all seemed well. Went to run it and i get the above error in a little dialog. I have tried doing a repair by running the setup again to no effect. I have checked the application/system event log - no relevant messages. There are no logs in \doc & setts\user\.virtualbox. Running vboxsvc from a cmd prompt issues no messages (and it seems quite happy in task manager using 0% cpu and just under 6meg of ram).

Are there other components required before virtual box will run, or am i being dumb or just cursed?

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Mister S
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

It appears that you need a specific dll file if I look on Google. Did you modify your Windows with any tools like nLite (or vLite for Vista)? It might be that you removed an essential part.
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.
mistersmith

Post by mistersmith »

As far as i can remember my installation (XP) is fairly default . Its getting a little old and could do with a rebuild, but i just don't have the time for that. I agree there is something missing, but is there a way of finding out what? Any way of getting debugging output to i can see what VB is falling over. The error is pretty unhelpful.

Cheers