VirtualBox has known compatibility issues with certain 3rd party Windows drivers.
- Microsoft VirtualPC (workaround: run both VPC and VBox in software-virt mode, disable VT-x)
- Microsoft Hyperv-V
- DNS protocol problem with Vista hosts => check Shrew Soft Lightweight filter rules
- vboxnetflt: fatal BSOD installation on Marvell Server NIC
- VBoxNetFlt: Conflict with the Trend Micro Anti-Virus driver
- Host crash: vboxdrv crashes, when run together with coLinux (workaround: upg coLinux to 0.7.5+)
- decndis.sys caused the crash on one user. decndis is part of the DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) LAT protocol that we use to access the VAX (reported by Huihong Luo of VMlite)
- COMODO internet security
- "Atheros WiFi" as a problem, that makes host BSOD.
- NVIDIA nForce Network Driver
- Checkpoint VPN
- softPerfect Firewall
- Windows Phone 7 emulator
- Shrewsoft VPN client
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Online Armor firewall
- Real Media Catcher
- some versions of Stonesoft Ipsec VPN (link)
- SoftPerfect Networks
Conflicts usually occur either at the hypervisor driver layer (vboxdrv) or in the network layer (VBoxNetFlt).
Workaround for all VBoxNetFlt problems: re-install vbox without network bridge, use NAT instead. VirtualBox NAT networking mode is compatible with all software.
WARNING: Installing or running VirtualBox together with 3rd party listed products above may result in instant Blue-Screen Of Death (BSOD) and host OS reboot.