3D accelerator issues

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
RPSchmitz
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.10

3D accelerator issues

Post by RPSchmitz »

It appears that the 3D accelerator issues I was have remain present with version 4.0.6.

Graphics problems I was having with the pre-processor Salome-Meca for the finite element program, Code Aster, I'm using I've found that the problem lies with the 3D accelerator in Guest Additions. The main window where one would work on a model disconnects from the program and the program freezes up. The error or warning message that shows up in the terminal window is: OpenGL Warning: No pincher, please call crStateSetCurrentPointers() in your SPU. There have been other posts where folks working with graphics programs such as AutoCad have experienced similar problems. The only solution at this point appears to be to deselect the 3D accelerator box in Display in the VBox Manager.

Hope we can get a fix on this one. Otherwise everything works great.

Bob
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Re: 3D accelerator issues

Post by Sasquatch »

Please report this in the Bugtracker (separate account needed) so it's registered there and the devs take note of it. Do search first to avoid multiple reports of a single issue.
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.
RPSchmitz
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.10

Re: 3D accelerator issues

Post by RPSchmitz »

After posting the bug report I received this tip:

"I'm having the same problem here. I'm using VBox 4.0.8 on OpenSuse? 11.04, and one of solution that is working, try to install old version of guestAdd, 3.2.1.
After that you can enable 3D, and you will not have any problem."

So I installed Guest Additions v3.2.12 and enabled the 3D. The FEM program preprocessor Salome-Meca worked fine and previous issues with rendering element and node numbers in the meshing module are no more. Thus far no other issues have cropped up with this older Guest Additions version with VBox 4.0.6. :D