Known problems with WinXP on Vista Fam host ?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
christophe charron
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: WXP

Known problems with WinXP on Vista Fam host ?

Post by christophe charron »

Hi,
every thing is said in the title.
Are there known problems with WinXP on Vista Fam host (Inspiron 1720 with 4Go Ram) ?
--
Cordially,
Christophe Charron
theNURSE

Post by theNURSE »

Hi, I'm running XP on Vista Ultimate with no problem. Vista has been tweeked to virt, so it runs great. Not sure what version is Vista Fam? We don't have a version named that in the US. Vista Home?

Are you having problems? The manual is good and Windows has made sharing and networking easy. Try the seamless mode when you're up. Good luck!
christophe charron
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: WXP

Post by christophe charron »

Oups ... sorry : yes vista home is french vista fam.
No special problem but a friend of mine will buy a new dell notebook and he doesn't want to loose his warranty by changing the installed OS.
So the only way to use win xp is to use it in virtualbox, i think. But if it doesn't work ... it becomes impossible !!
--
Cordially,
Christophe Charron
theNURSE

Post by theNURSE »

Should be no problem, be sure and read the user manual as it is helpful. Should be able to get XP on the Dell, but I like Vista better. Have found very few programs that won't run, more press than reality. Currently 2.5 million drivers for Vista, most that aren't out are related to hardware egos. Have been using Vista SP1 without problem also.

That's what great about VirtualBox, you get the best of any OS you want! Good luck, read the manual and feel free to ask more questions.