[1.4.0] Problems

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Buffo

[1.4.0] Problems

Post by Buffo »

First of all I would to thank all developers for the new version. Many probs are solved and it runs much better on my system :)

In spite of everything there are a few probs I want to tell:
  • Common clipboard doesnt't work for me (no setting) (OS Host+Guest:WXPProSP2)
  • Common folders doesn't work for me or perhaps I only don't know how (Host+Guest: WXPProSP2)
  • NAT will not work for me. I got no access (Host+Guest WXPProSP2)
  • Ubuntu 7.04 will not be installed. ISO boots up and when I choose "Install" only a blank screen with a cursor in the upper left will appear, nothing more happens. In the last version it works like a charm. And VMware and VirtualPC don't have any problems.(Host: WXPProSP2)
For any hint I want to thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Buffo
achimha
Volunteer

Post by achimha »

Clipboard has to be enabled in the VM settings (General Page, advanced).

For Shared Folders, have a closer look at the manual.
santalaus

Post by santalaus »

Hello,

sorry, but then I also don't understand the Documentation of sharded folders.
;)
I have an WinHost and WinGuest. Must the Users be Admins or could this be normal Users Accounts? The Shared Folder were edited when the Guest didn't run! The GuestAdditions were also installed

I didn't know why this doesn't work.

Nico
Jacquers

VBoxSDL.exe Error

Post by Jacquers »

The command VBoxSDL -list gives me an error:

Unhandled exception at 0x00408166 in VBoxSDL.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

screenshots:
http://jacquers.wajas.de/images/vboxsdl_err_01.jpg
http://jacquers.wajas.de/images/vboxsdl_err_02.jpg

I have tried it on two different systems - the one was a clean machine with no previous installs, the other was on a machine that had v1.3.8 on it but I uninstalled it before installing v1.4
achimha
Volunteer

Post by achimha »

I can confirm the problem.

Note that VBoxSDL -list is redundant, you should use VBoxManage list vms. The fix will probably be to remove the feature from VBoxSDL.
Buffo

Post by Buffo »

achimha wrote:Clipboard has to be enabled in the VM settings (General Page, advanced).
Yes, I know. That is what I mean with "no setting".

It works with no setting, neither "Host to Guest", nor "Guest to Host" or "bidirectional".
achimha wrote:For Shared Folders, have a closer look at the manual.
I read the manual. In the network environment I get beside the "Microsoft Windows Network" the "VirtualBox Shared Folders". But when I click on it I get a error Messagebox which says me that I don't have access. All other network communication works perfectly ;)

Regards,
Buffo
Buffo

Re: [1.4.0] Problems

Post by Buffo »

Buffo wrote:Ubuntu 7.04 will not be installed. ISO boots up and when I choose "Install" only a blank screen with a cursor in the upper left will appear, nothing more happens. In the last version it works like a charm. And VMware and VirtualPC don't have any problems.(Host: WXPProSP2)
Is my system the problem or has anyone other the same probs? Would be glad if anyone would say if it runs or not ;)

Regards,
Buffo
yel

Post by yel »

Buffalo wrote:Ubuntu 7.04 will not be installed. ISO boots up and when I choose "Install" only a blank screen with a cursor in the upper left will appear, nothing more happens. In the last version it works like a charm. And VMware and VirtualPC don't have any problems.(Host: WXPProSP2)

Is my system the problem or has anyone other the same probs? Would be glad if anyone would say if it runs or not Wink
I have exactly the same problem. Ubuntu 6.10 boots up correctly, but not with 7.04. (Host: XP Home SP1).
However, with VirtualBox 1.3.8, Ubuntu 7.04 will be installed correctly.
yel

Post by yel »

If I enabled ACPI and IO ACPI in Advanced General settings of the VM, Ubuntu 7.04 will boot up correctly and now when I choose "Install" that works very well.
Buffo

Post by Buffo »

yel wrote:If I enabled ACPI and IO ACPI in Advanced General settings of the VM, Ubuntu 7.04 will boot up correctly and now when I choose "Install" that works very well.
That's it! Thx a lot for your reply :D
guyr

Post by guyr »

[quote="achimha"]Clipboard has to be enabled in the VM settings (General Page, advanced).[/quote]

I've got it enabled for bidirectional on Windows XP Home host and Gentoo Linux guest, with 1.40 Guest Additions installed. Doesn't seem to be working. Any secret to get this going?
Guy Rouillier
Buffo

Post by Buffo »

guyr wrote:
achimha wrote:Clipboard has to be enabled in the VM settings (General Page, advanced).
I've got it enabled for bidirectional on Windows XP Home host and Gentoo Linux guest, with 1.40 Guest Additions installed. Doesn't seem to be working. Any secret to get this going?
Is the problem only under XP/Gentoo or under Win/Win, too? On my system it works with no virtual machine installed under Windows XP Pro...
guyr

Post by guyr »

[quote="Buffo"]Is the problem only under XP/Gentoo or under Win/Win, too? On my system it works with no virtual machine installed under Windows XP Pro...[/quote]

Sorry, I don't understand your message. It works wtih no virtual machine installed? But we are talking about virtual machines here. So how is this relevant if you have no virtual machine installed?
Guy Rouillier
Buffo

Post by Buffo »

Sorry for my bad English :oops:

I want to know if it works for you with a Win XP guest on a Win XP host. Have you tried it? Or is your problem only if Win is host and Linux is guest?

In my virtual Machine (Win XP) the CTRL+C and CTRL+V works not even internal. I get only a few special chars by pasting... :?
guyr

Post by guyr »

I don't have any Windows guests installed, only Gentoo Linux.
Guy Rouillier