Host: Windows 7
Guest: Windows XP
VB Version: 3.2.6
I just experienced a weird error with VIrtualBox on a client's network. They are on Windows 7 but they have a printer that requires XP because their type of printer doesn't work on Vista or 7 (not the brand, the actual type from any manufacturer...which is stupid)
When I saw the issue it said "Inaccessible" as the status of VM and the following error was provided on the right side of the program.
- Code: Select all Expand viewCollapse view
Runtime error opening 'C:\Users\COMPUTER_NAME\.VirtualBox\Machines\VM_NAME\VM_NAME.xml' for reading: -102 (File not found.).
I went into the folder "C:\Users\COMPUTER_NAME\.VirtualBox\Machines\VM_NAME\" and saw two xml files but for some reason they both had suffixes.
So it simply just couldn't find "VM_NAME.xml" because it technically didn't exist.
I made a copy of the "VM_NAME.xml-prev" file and renamed the copy to "VM_NAME.xml"
Restarted VirtualBox and it worked just fine.
Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.