"innotec Virtual Box setup Wizard ended prematurely&quo

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dieter-erich

Post by dieter-erich »

Hi
I am new and just tried to install VirtualBox v 1.5.2 on two different PCs running WinXP SVP2. On both I received the message "innotec Virtual Box setup Wizard ended prematurely" and the setup stopped.

However, I have a second Win2K system running on one of them and in this one (it is just the system and only very few installed programs) it worked. I am wondering what (software, setting etc) interferes with the installation of Virtual Box. I would like to run it from within my productivity system.

Sorry for posting this again because I found one post stating that the problem was solved but with no reference to how.

Thanks for hints, D-E
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

The only way, that I know of to find out - is the scientific method - by trial and error.

Either remove applications one by one and try to install VBox after each app has been removed, -or- setup a new XP system and try to add your favourite applications, and after each add install and uninstall VirtualBox.

We *must* find which applications (or drivers) collide, and document it in VirtualBox.

VirtualBox delivers unparreled speed and excellent features for free, and it would be nice if the community will *at least* document problems. (better to fix them, but it requires skills)

Conflict between VirtualBox with one of your hardware drivers can also cause this issue. We *must* find it !

I can tell you that VirtualBox works on all computers I'we tried so far...
--
-"Technologov"
Last edited by Technologov on 16. Nov 2007, 13:49, edited 2 times in total.
Zebulon

Post by Zebulon »

Maybe start to remove Microsoft Defender or any other spyware tool first (if you have one).

Had some PC installations lately behaving "strange" and after removal of Microsoft Defender all worked fine... :lol:

Otherwise try this tool: Tuneup Utilities 2007.

http://www.tune-up.com/

Its free for 30 days. Helped me a lot with computers that had serious troubles.

Start with the "1-Click-Maintenance". It will find lots of error. Correct these (run "1-Click-Maintenance" several times until it doesn't find any errors anymore).

Let us know how it worded out please.
dieter-erich

Post by dieter-erich »

I have tried the one click TuneUp utility and it found a lot of problems.
But correcting them did not solve the problem with VirtualBox. Neither was it solved upon uninstalling VirtualPC and exiting Avira, SpywareDoctor, and Skype. I'll continue testing as time permits.
D-E
dieter-erich

Post by dieter-erich »

I have found 2 things so far for VitualBox:

1) The data of my sensor do not even show up in the program run under DOS (guest) on a WinXP (host). Thus, there seems to be an even greater problem then that I found for DosBox, VMware, and Virtual PC (were data were collected but wrong). Don't know what's better :-)).

2) When trying to install VirutalBox on a HD that has not enough space, the setup simply stops without any error message.

I do not yet know why VirtualBox does not install on my other PCs.
D-E