For the people who successfully setup Internet Plz!! Help

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Komaowyo

For the people who successfully setup Internet Plz!! Help

Post by Komaowyo »

Im have no idea what im doing wrong..ive read GonzoVBX-1 in the linux section and its still not working...can you guys tell me what you did to get the internet to work on the guest operating sytem??

i have a router/cable
i also tried to bridge the connection but no luck.. no internet

i was wondering if this can be a problem too:

S.SubZero
Volunteer

Post by S.SubZero »

What host and guest? The guest looks like XP but then again it looks like Vista icons.
Fruchtprickler

Post by Fruchtprickler »

1.) in my virtual box overview the Network adapter 0 is configured as NAT and of course activated. NAT becuase you have no physical network card like on your Host computer. No need for Network adapter 1 !

2.) In your Firewall you have to allow Innotek VirtualBox Interface internet access or it cannot connect to internet.
Filename: VBoxSVC.exe

3.) Even so open control panel , software and click on the left button which adds or removes Windows components (sorry i have no good translation).
Then check the Networkcomponents- i have everything enabled except for Peer to peer. Then restart computer (host) and try if it works now.

BTW: It seems he uses Windows 2000 Professional + icon package

My tip: if you want tu setup a virtual machine- best and easiest way is on a Windows XP Home / Professional host.
You can auto manage your dual core cpu with a program like SAD Dual Core Tuner. So i split my 2 cpu's for differend programs and if Virtual box starts it works exclusively on second cpu.
jonaric

Post by jonaric »

On your HOST machine, bridge your VirtualBox network adapter with your active internet connected adapter... and get rid of the NAT stuff.