Missing "extensions" after i installed Oracle virtualBox extensions pack 7.0.8 .vbox -extpack

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
gilberto

Missing "extensions" after i installed Oracle virtualBox extensions pack 7.0.8 .vbox -extpack

Post by gilberto »

Hello
I have a question.
I installed Oracle virtualBox extension pack 7.0.8 .vbox-extpack, but I don't see exentions in the list on the left of Virtualbox Preferences.

This should normally be visible in the left column of the Preferences in order to continue installing the pack.

I don't understand why this is. Because I checked again by clicking on the shortcut of Oracle virtualBox extension, and a pop-up menu appears that the pack is already installed. Why is extensions not in the Preferences list?

One always writes in the tutorials that one must first install the virtualBox extension pack by double clicking and then go to extensions in the list in the left column of the Preferences.

I would like your insight into this.

grtz,
gilberto :?
Attachments
afbeelding
afbeelding
gil no extensions 28 mei 2023 copie.png (52.91 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Missing "extensions" after i installed Oracle virtualBox extensions pack 7.0.8 .vbox -extpack

Post by scottgus1 »

In 7.0 the Extension Pack item you're looking for has been moved under the Tools popout menu.