Windows 11 guest hangs with 100% CPU

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Danfun64

Windows 11 guest hangs with 100% CPU

Post by Danfun64 »

Recently I have downloaded a Windows 11 Evaluation VM for one of my classes. It was preset for 8GB RAM, but I lowered it to 6GB because my system has 16GB and for whatever reason has a baseline of about 8GB usage without any programs running. It's important to note that I have "Virtual Machine Platform", "Windows Hypervisor Platform", and "Windows Subsystem for Linux" turned on, so the VM is being piped through Hyper-V. In addition, I turned off Hardware Acceleration on the VM because I was getting the transparency bug.

The first freeze occurred when I was running the program Autopsy and then tried to load LibreOffice Calc. I've been able to boot up the VM, but I've still had hangs, and I'm not quite sure why. Once while looking at task manager, once while in Windows Security, and another when I tried opening Autopsy again. The VM is unusable in the state that it's in now.

I've attached all my logs in this post.
Attachments
VBox.log.2.zip
(122.98 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
VBox.log.zip
(169.1 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 11 guest hangs with 100% CPU

Post by scottgus1 »

You have 7.0.8 Guest Additions installed, which have some bugs being hunted yet. The test build GAs or 7.0.6 GAs https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/ have been reported as viable workarounds.