Problem for open Windows 2019

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Netoxa

Problem for open Windows 2019

Post by Netoxa »

Hello,

I installed a Windows server 2019 VM on VirtualBox. To open it, I have to press ctrl+alt+del but the touch combination is also to quit a vm. I see on the internet, it is necessary Uncheck the option "Auto Capture Keyboard" or Change the option "Pointing Device" to "PS/2 Mouse" but none works

Someone can help me ?

Thanks you
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Problem for open Windows 2019

Post by scottgus1 »

Netoxa wrote:ctrl+alt+del ... is also to quit a vm
If ctrl+alt+del tells Virtualbox to close your VM, then there's been quite a bit of manual finagling and pebcaking going on by somebody.

ctrl+alt+del is the Windows/Microsoft overall keyboard system catch combination that takes precedence over all other processes to get control over a runaway PC. It is captured by the host OS always, and it controls the host OS.

To inject ctrl+alt+del into the VM, either use the VM window's Input menu, Keyboard flyout, Insert Ctrl+Alt+Del, or use the keyboard combination HostKey+Del. The Host Key is shown in the VM window's bottom status bar on the right side. The default is Right Ctrl.

Note that if you changed your Host Key to Ctrl+Alt, you won't get the VM to respond to ctrl+alt+del, because that combination is always captured by the host OS, as explained above.