Inaccessible vm for no reason

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Manilox

Inaccessible vm for no reason

Post by Manilox »

How can this be possible??
I have the vdi on M:\maquinas_virtuales, but is is not recognized? If your UI is wrong how the hell I am supposed to debug this thing?

Again, the vm is in correct path, but is not found. How can this be possible?
This piece of shit is not acceptable, we are in 2023 not in 2008. Just sync the UI with my actual filesystem I am tired of having to fix your unskilled dev work, this is inhuman.
Attachments
How
How
vmoralce.PNG (119.08 KiB) Viewed 582 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Inaccessible vm for no reason

Post by scottgus1 »

You cool your jets. You'll get no help here when you address us with that kind of language.

Edit that post into proper mannerly expressions or I'll delete it. Come back with further abusive language and I'll ban you.
Manilox

Post by Manilox »

I don't need your help I solved it by myself, bad developers are too predictable.

You can ban me whenever you want I will come up with a new account.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Manilox is banned for 30 days for abusive posting. If Manilox fails to profit by this break to get his/her anger management under control, further abusive posts thereafter will result in a permanent ban. If banned permanently, further attempts to create other accounts will be banned permanently out-of-hand.

Too bad, really, our last interaction viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108717 was very reasonable and peaceful.

Manilox, you suffer from delusory thinking on a few points:

1. We on the forum are not the developers. We are fellow Virtualbox users like you. (In most respects, that is. We don't treat each other the way you treated us. Thankfully, in that way we and you are more than substantially different.) Since we are not the devs we can't fix bugs, though we could have helped you fix the issue faster if you'd been more polite.

2. You didn't give us enough information to fix your problem. We would need the complete exact path to the file Virtualbox fails to find, generated in File Explorer, so we can see what's wrong. Your File Explorer screenshot didn't go deep enough into the path. A zipped copy of the VM's .vbox file would have helped us compare the actual path to the .vbox path.

3. The vast majority of Virtualbox users are not suffering from your issue. And when they do, it has always been that they moved the file after registering it with Virtualbox or altered the path to the file. The fact that you do not reveal the actual solution to your problem strongly encourages me to believe that you too moved the file or changed spelling in the path, etc. In short, that this was your pebcak error that you caused, and you don't wish to publicly admit it.

4. Virtualbox keeps its awareness of the file locations in its own configuration files. Just as Word or Paint can't find your documents listed in their Most Recent lists if you move them or rename the paths to them, neither can Virtualbox.

It'll probably be useless to state this, though one can hope: you have much to learn, mostly about being polite.