virtual machine doen't start

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
asdfjklö

virtual machine doen't start

Post by asdfjklö »

on my PC (Windows 10,64 bit, Version 22H2) I installed VBox 7.06. I configured a VM, which however doesn't start. I enclose a screenshot of the message I get when trying to start the VM and the log file. Perhaps somebody can help me to get the VM started.
Attachments
Fehlermeldung beim Starten der VM.PNG
Fehlermeldung beim Starten der VM.PNG (19.58 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: virtual machine doen't start

Post by scottgus1 »

The log file is not posted. Please zip it and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
asdfjklö

Post by asdfjklö »

zipped log file posted.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(14.37 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Sorry for the delay answering this, I forgot about it.

I don't know if you're still having this problem. But the log showed an error on this file:
7f0.31e8: Error (rc=0):
7f0.31e8: supR3HardenedScreenImage/Imports: cached rc=-5659 fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 cHits=6 \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Program Files\vcruntime140_1.dll
Seems an unusual place for a dll. Usually app dll's are in a subfolder of "Program Files", not in "Program Files" itself.

You might want to do a good virus scan. Also try to find out what put that dll there and see if it is there for a reason.
asdfjklö

Post by asdfjklö »

my problem seems to be solved. I deleted VBox and installed it again on the same hard disk where Windows is located. Now the VM starts. My be the error was caused that I formerly had installed VBox on a different hard disk with no Windows installation. However there still remains a flaw: My VM doesn't run in full screen mode, but in a comparatively small window. I would have liked to upload a screenshot to show what I've got, however this system doesn't accept files lager than 128 KiB. I couldn't find any settings in VBox to switch from small window to full screen. Have you got any idea what to do to run the VM in full screen mode?
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Glad you're up and running!

Per One issue per thread, the new question would go in a new topic.

But we'll handle it here, since it's easy.

Install Guest Additions in the VM. See section 4 in the manual.
asdfjklö wrote: I would have liked to upload a screenshot to show what I've got, however this system doesn't accept files lager than 128 KiB.
Crop & resize the screenshot until it fits under 128kB.
asdfjklö

Post by asdfjklö »

Crop & resize the screenshot until it fits under 128kB.
Sorry, I didn't believe I could condense the file to one tenth of the original size and the picture was still cognizable. Thanks for the hint to install the guest additions. My VM has mounted the iso-file, however it doesn't start. I'm going to open a new topic for this problem.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

asdfjklö wrote:Sorry, I didn't believe I could condense the file to one tenth of the original size and the picture was still cognizable.
Yes, that can be a problem. It can take some artistic screen layout arrangements or turning wallpapers into solid colors to get the partial screenshot that will be under 128kB in file size.