Can't download

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
StevenQC

Can't download

Post by StevenQC »

I am having difficulty downloading VirtualBox - all my browsers are unhappy about it.
Firefox just says it is dangerous, but Chrome provides some details: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Is that an issue with Virtualbox's website?
I am just trying to download this version: h t t p s : / / d o w n l o a d . v i r t u a l b o x . o r g / v i r t u a l b o x / 7 . 0 . 6 / V i r t u a l B o x - 7 . 0 . 6 - 1 5 5 1 7 6 - W i n . e x e
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Can't download

Post by scottgus1 »

My Chrome doesn't complain, on two of my Windows hosts that I tried on. Can't say why you'd be having trouble.

Please note that any glitches in the download site aren't things we users on the forum can fix, but we might be able to pass a message along. Where in the planet are you downloading from? General continent may suffice.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

It's working fine for me too.

It could have been just a temporary glitch, something that virtualbox.org suffers quite often (the forums are hosted on a different server). Try it again.
StevenQC

Post by StevenQC »

mpack wrote:It's working fine for me too.
scottgus1 wrote:My Chrome doesn't complain, on two of my Windows hosts that I tried on. Can't say why you'd be having trouble. (...) Where in the planet are you downloading from? General continent may suffice.
Thank you both for the hints! After reading your answers, I pushed my investigation further. I checked again, the download is still impossible... on my work pc. It seems to be our company's system that prevents the download - I just tried with my home pc and download runs fine without complain using the same browsers. Thanks for helping me solve my problem!
scottgus1 wrote: Please note that any glitches in the download site aren't things we users on the forum can fix (...)
But you did! :-) I realize that the forums were not the best please for this question, but all help pointers seemed to say: "Post on our forums first..."

Thanks again!