Unable to start an Ubuntu Machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
LittleStar

Unable to start an Ubuntu Machine

Post by LittleStar »

Hi you all,

I wanted to install Mint on a VM, however I can't even start the machine. I added a VM in VB and chose the .iso file. The machine won't boot though. I get an error pop up right away. I'm not sure how to interpret the log, however maybe some of you could make any suggestions?

I tried reinstalling the VB, recreating VMs, using both Mint and Ubuntu iso files and also played around with some settings, like Audio Enable/Disable, as it apparently have helped somebody with a similar issue. In my case nothing worked.

I'd be super happy to hear any advice. Thank you.
Last edited by scottgus1 on 1. Feb 2023, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mystery link deleted
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Unable to start an Ubuntu Machine

Post by scottgus1 »

LittleStar wrote:I get an error pop up right away
What does the error say? There is a Copy button to allow copying and pasting the error text into a forum post.

Please use the forum's Upload Attachment tab for zipped logs and screenshots.

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)