Host W11 - VM Ubuntu 22

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Tenibob26

Host W11 - VM Ubuntu 22

Post by Tenibob26 »

First, I installed Virtual box on a new laptop DELL 5400, OS is W10 upgraded to Win 11. The installation was OK. afterwards, I installed Ubuntu 22. IT works well during several days. I think that an upgrade occured on the Laptop, and the VM stopped to work. I installed another time Virtual Box and Ubuntu, I still have the same error (cf the attached log file). I'm not able alone to find what is going wrong. Help will be appreciated.
Attachments
ubuntu-2023-01-30-10-20-59.log
(80.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Host W11 - VM Ubuntu 22

Post by scottgus1 »

Hyper-V is enabled on the host OS.
HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active)

This may have been enabled by the host OS update, but it may have been there before, since Microsoft is driving a lot of its security services through Hyper-V, especially in 11. Do you recall seeing the green turtle Image in the VM's status bar before the update, when the VM was still working? If so, host Hyper-V was enabled then too; maybe a new service got enabled.

Your VM has one processor. Set the processor count to 2. This has been known to get Linux VMs on Windows Hyper-V hosts working lately.

You're also on 7.0.4. 7.0 is still in bug-hunt phase, so 7.0.6 might work better.