Visual studio 2022 - Android Emulator

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Luca Perini

Visual studio 2022 - Android Emulator

Post by Luca Perini »

Good afternoon
for work I'm a Visual Studio / C # programmer and right now I'm starting to approach MAUI.
For study I created a machine, in VBox, Win 10 with SQL and Visual Studio 2022 and Andriod Studio to be able to use (since VStudio doesn't have them) virtual devices.
Unfortunately I can't run the devices as it gives me an error (which I am attaching).
I have searched the net for solutions which, however, have not led me to an improvement in the situation and therefore I am asking myself the question if by chance there isn't an incompatibility in running other virtual machines inside VBox.
I want to clarify that I have already checked the problem of a possible lack of space and have installed Hype-v with the exception of Hyper-V Platform => Hypervisor Hyper-V as it does not allow me to select.
Has anyone had something like this happen or know how to fix it as I've been going crazy on this thing for three days already.
They hope in you, I wish you a good job and I send cordial greetings

Luca Perini
Attachments
ErrorDeviceAndroid.JPG
ErrorDeviceAndroid.JPG (12.58 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Visual studio 2022 - Android Emulator

Post by scottgus1 »

Luca Perini wrote:have installed Hype-v with the exception of Hyper-V Platform => Hypervisor Hyper-V
This will probably limit your Virtualbox setup rather a bit.

The Android emulator may require features that Virtualbox cannot provide in the VM.

It may be better to run these programs in the host OS. If you don't want to have these running on the existing host OS, consider switching hard drives on the host.
Luca Perini

Post by Luca Perini »

Hi scottgus1
thanks for the reply.

At this point I should do a complete environment on the physical machine and leave the virtual machine.
Sorry because with a VM if something goes wrong you can always have a backup of the machine itself and quickly restore a complete environment.
We hope that in the future the Oracle programmers, who I hope are reading me :), will find a solution because I think that for those who do my job it is much easier to work with VMs having more development and test environments without having many physical machines .
In the hope of the above, I thank you again and send you my best regards

Luca Perini
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Luca Perini wrote:with a VM if something goes wrong you can always have a backup of the machine itself and quickly restore a complete environment.
Such a thing is completely and almost as easily done on the physical PC, with capable disk imaging software. Macrium Reflect does this very well for Windows PCs.
Luca Perini wrote:We hope that in the future the Oracle programmers, who I hope are reading me , will find a solution
The devs don't read the forum much. They're busy ... wait for it ... developing.
As a developer yourself, you no doubt are aware that when the PC OS provider changes something, app developers must change to respond. Virtualbox has been trying to run under Hyper-V since 6.0, and if Microsoft will just stop changing things, then that goal could be reached. The devs continue to work on the project and have made some progress. Whether this will also enable Android emulators in a Virtualbox VM is yet open to question.

Also, you no doubt have requested you desired changes as an Enhancement Request in the Bugtracker, which the devs do read but don't always respond on, since they're busy, etc. Please post your enhancement request ticket here for others to read.

We must be careful what aspersions we may cast when "hoping the devs read this".....
JohnDeleon

Post by JohnDeleon »

Thanks for the info. Would you be willing to purchase essay writing? pay for essay writing. By visiting https://letsgradeit.com/review/essaythinker/, you may get support. Before comparing their pricing for the type of project you have, get in touch with them. After conducting an interview with the support staff, you may even select your preferred author because of their friendliness.
Last edited by JohnDeleon on 21. Dec 2022, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

scottgus1 wrote:Whether this will also enable Android emulators in a Virtualbox VM is yet open to question.
I believe that using Hyper-v on the host pretty much eliminates the possibility of nested VMs, so I would not expect this to work.