Run old games on virtualbox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Ironman MK-05

Run old games on virtualbox

Post by Ironman MK-05 »

I'm kind of facing a similar issue. I've downloaded Iron Man game and its working fine in my windows 11 laptop, but I couldn't save the game progress. As the game was originally designed for windows xp, my friend suggested me to install windows xp in virtualbox and run the game in that. But when I tried to run the game, it says "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." But here's the problem. As far as I've searched online, I haven't got an installation file for this game. All I got is a .bat file that when I open it, it will give me the required files, from which I must run the gamelauncher file to start the game. If you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Run old games on virtualbox

Post by scottgus1 »

Split from the 5-year-old topic.

If the game won't run from the bat file because of install issues, you'll have to find the installer. This forum doesn't have game installers.

And to have the slightest chance of helping, we'd need to know what's in the bat file, zipped and posted with the forum's Upload Attachment tab. Note that this question is likely to be considered very off topic, so don't wait too long for someone willing to tackle it, do keep trying to find the game installer.
Ironman MK-05

Re: Run old games on virtualbox

Post by Ironman MK-05 »

scottgus1 wrote:Split from the 5-year-old topic.

If the game won't run from the bat file because of install issues, you'll have to find the installer. This forum doesn't have game installers.

And to have the slightest chance of helping, we'd need to know what's in the bat file, zipped and posted with the forum's Upload Attachment tab. Note that this question is likely to be considered very off topic, so don't wait too long for someone willing to tackle it, do keep trying to find the game installer.
Thanks for the suggestion. Even though I still didn't get the problem fixed, as well as couldn't find the installer, after installing windows xp in virtualbox now I could save the gameplay in my primary system. I don't know how it works now, I didn't do any other changes except installing windows xp in virtualbox. Anyways, thanks for your reply.