VirtualBox 7.0.4 missing dependencies

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
GregB3

VirtualBox 7.0.4 missing dependencies

Post by GregB3 »

I'm trying to install the VirtualBox 7.0.4 Host on Windows. I got a error message about needing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable. I located and installed the requested package. Then I got a message about the Python Core /win32api dependency. IIRC I don't recall dependency issues with prior installs. Will downloading and installing the latest Python version satisfy these dependencies? There are some posts that said that it might be best to wait for some newer host versions before updating. Two of my Linux guest VMs Fedora and and Manjaro are at distribution supplied 7.0 guest additions. Fedora 37 Workstation is at 7.0.4 and Manjaro 21.3.4 is at 7.0.2. In the past when Fedora made the switch to the newer guest additions version upgrading to the same version VirtualBox host went OK. That is why I'm trying to go from 6.1.40 to the 7.0.4 host. I want to be sure that I'm not missing anything that might cause me issues in the future. Any information will be appreciated.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: VirtualBox 7.0.4 missing dependencies

Post by fth0 »

You can ignore the warning regarding the Python installation, if you don't use Python yourself to manage VirtualBox VMs.

For details, see my posts in VB 7.0.2 Setup cannot install on Win 11, missing redistributable.
GregB3

Re: VirtualBox 7.0.4 missing dependencies

Post by GregB3 »

Thanks for the information. I installed the 7.0.4 host ignoring the Python warning message. So far everything appears to be working OK with the new version.