VBox 7.0.2 and Firefox every second silence in video

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
abcuser
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu, Windows XP

VBox 7.0.2 and Firefox every second silence in video

Post by abcuser »

On Windows 10 host using VirtualBox 7.0.2 I have Ubuntu 22.10 and on Firefox any video on any web site e.g. Youtube video plays normally, but sound gets silence every second or so, then a second plays normally and a second silence and so on. I use Firefox default package that is installed using snap. I also tested Firefox/flatpak version and exactly the same behavior.

This was working fine, but it looks to me when upgrading from VirtualBox 6.x to VirtualBox 7.x this problem appeared.

P.S. I have another problem in VirtulBox 7. Copy/paste does not work between Windows host and Ubuntu gests, and I have checked the setting and it is set to Shared Clipboard = Bidirectional.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VBox 7.0.2 and Firefox every second silence in video

Post by scottgus1 »

abcuser wrote:sound gets silence every second or so, then a second plays normally and a second silence and so on.
Does the video keep playing or does "silence" mean "pause" or "skip"?
abcuser wrote:it looks to me when upgrading from VirtualBox 6.x to VirtualBox 7.x this problem appeared.
Could be a new 7.0 problem. If you can go back to 6.1.40 and the problem stops, then up to 7.0 and the problem returns, then it would probably be proved.

A 6.1 and 7.0 logs with working & failing audio, zipped and posted using the forum's Upload Attachment tab, would possibly be helpful.
abcuser wrote:in VirtulBox 7. Copy/paste does not work between Windows host and Ubuntu gests
Was it working in 6.1.40? Also check if Guest Additions were upgraded too.
abcuser
Volunteer

Post by abcuser »

scottgus1 wrote:Does the video keep playing or does "silence" mean "pause" or "skip"?
Image part of video is just normal. Sound part is like mute for every half of second and then unmute. Looking at the video people talking it is obvious there is no lag of voice behind the picture. Just like I would click mute sound every half a second and then unmute every half of second.
abcuser
Volunteer

Post by abcuser »

Just a quick reply. Today I have installed VBox 7.0.4 on Windows 10 host and problem with sound is solved inside my Ubuntu 22.10 virtual machine.

I have tested Firefox 107/snap and Firefox 107/flatpak and in both sound is working flawlessly.