Awfull text size on GUI, extremly huge

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Smoke

Awfull text size on GUI, extremly huge

Post by Smoke »

Is this the way VirtualBox 7 ss supposed to look like on Windows 10?
The text size/window is HUGE and didnt found any way to resize it.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
snap2346.png (118.58 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
Jason 112358

Re: Awfull text size on GUI, extremly huge

Post by Jason 112358 »

Ran into the same problem. Went to the exe (Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VirtualBox.exe), right-clicked and went to Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings. Chose the lower checkbox ("Override high DPI scaling behavior") and selected "System" from the dropdown. Unfortunately, it leaves the interface looking blurry, but at least you can see more than three VMs at a time due to an enormous font size.

(For any software developers working on VirtualBox that stumble on this and might be curious, I am running the latest Windows 10 with dual 4k monitors at 3840x2160 each. I am scaling to 150%.)
aragornii

Post by aragornii »

Run into some problem too. I fixed it by using the compatibility mode for high DPI, as Jason suggested but how he has also noted the interface is now blurry.
In my case I'm on Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621.675), internal laptop monitor at 2560x1440 and scaling to 150%.
Whiskeyjack
Oracle Corporation

Post by Whiskeyjack »

The next VirtualBox release will have a font scaling option which will enable users to modify font scaling factor on top of what OS provides.
aragornii

Post by aragornii »

Whiskeyjack wrote:The next VirtualBox release will have a font scaling option which will give users to modify font scaling factor on top of what OS provides.
That's great news, thank you.
Whiskeyjack
Oracle Corporation

Post by Whiskeyjack »

We have just released 7.0.4 which includes the font scaling option I have mentioned. Enjoy and/or complain as appropriate.
aragornii

Post by aragornii »

Whiskeyjack wrote:We have just released 7.0.4 which includes the font scaling option I have mentioned. Enjoy and/or complain as appropriate.
Definitely better, thank you. With 90% font scaling now text is the right size. Some characters are not super-sharp but it's barely noticeable.