Will a music player in the VM keep playing when the VM is minimized?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Chardx

Will a music player in the VM keep playing when the VM is minimized?

Post by Chardx »

Hello guys, I'm new here and I'm planning to buy a laptop but I know that new laptop today has already have a preinstalled windows 10 or 11 and I know that some old software are going to be able to run on new windows so I' planned to install this virtual box to run xp on windows 10 or 11 and I want to install my old music player on that virtual box xp, So my question is if I'm gonna play music for example wmp on virtual box xp then minimize it to go to windows 10 or 11 does the player still paying? While using the main OS doing something? Sorry for my ignorance I just wanna make sure.Thank you.
Last edited by scottgus1 on 1. Oct 2022, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic title to reflect problem
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Just need some answer

Post by mpack »

Why do you need the WMP from XP? WMP from Win10/Win11 plays the same files. Classic WMP still exists in Win10, just hidden away a bit.

But in direct answer to your question: yes, WMP in XP keeps playing music via the host speakers when the VM window is minimized.
Chardx

Re: Just need some answer

Post by Chardx »

Thanks for the confirmation I just example the wmp the player that I want to install was zune software 1.3 and I tried to install it on windows 10 but no luck its abort the installation process b cause of compatibility.