Hardening Issue: Occurs after reboot

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
LNatit

Hardening Issue: Occurs after reboot

Post by LNatit »

I was trying to install some VMs on my Laptop (Win10 Home), it works well at the beginning.
But after rebooting my PC, when I was trying to boot my VM, it says
The virtual machine 'CentOS 8.1' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'F:\Projects\VirtualBox VMs\CentOS 8.1\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {85632c68-b5bb-4316-a900-5eb28d3413df}
I'm sure there're no AVs in my PC, and I tried to fix the VBox using installer. It failed.
So I tried to reinstall VBox and boot my VM, but it failed again.
After serval times of reboot, I found that the only way I can have my VMs boot is to [reinstall VBox] - [reboot PC] - [install VBox] - [boot VMs].
I know this is weird but I have no idea how to fix it, here are the hardening logs for the three attempts.
(Since I'm new here, I'm not allowed to add images, so I attached it to the zipfile)
Logs.zip
(230.1 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Hardening Issue: Occurs after reboot

Post by mpack »

LNatit wrote: (Since I'm new here, I'm not allowed to add images, so I attached it to the zipfile)
Noobs are not prevented from attaching images directly, like you did the zip. The only thing you can't do is post an offsite link: which is fine since you don't need to.

The only odd thing I see in the hardening log are problems with AcLayers.dll, located in the Windows\System32 folder. My system does not have this DLL, but I do see mentions online. You may want to check that it's ok. Or try running "sfc /scannow" to fix corrupted system DLLs.
LNatit

Re: Hardening Issue: Occurs after reboot

Post by LNatit »

mpack wrote: try running "sfc /scannow" to fix corrupted system DLLs.
Well, I tried this and it says
Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations
Unfortunately after running this I still can't boot my VMs. :(