Mouse Cursor bugged in newest version of VBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Jetras
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows (2012 & 10), Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS), FreeBSD (pfSense)

Mouse Cursor bugged in newest version of VBox

Post by Jetras »

My Host is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 11 Home.

Everything was fine yesterday, today I upgraded to the latest version of VBox (6.1.38 I think it was) and I am now experiencing this exact problem from this old ticket: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/15665

I uninstalled VBox and reinstalled my original version, even erased the .VirtualBox folder in the user directory, and removed the everything except for the VHD files of my actual VMs, yet the problem is still present in my older version of VBox that was working yesterday.

Are there any other files that "hang out" after uninstalling that I need to remove? Does anyone know if there was any resolution to the old ticket #15665? I attempted the suggestions in that ticket to no avail.

I use these VMs as training tools to record processes, and I am not at a work stop until I can get this fixed.
Shoot for the Moon, even if you miss you still made it among the stars!
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Mouse Cursor bugged in newest version of VBox

Post by scottgus1 »

Please put 6.1.38 back on, make a new VM, install the OS you had before. Then restart the VM, try to see if the problem happens again.

Shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Jetras
Guest OSses: Windows (2012 & 10), Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS), FreeBSD (pfSense)

Re: Mouse Cursor bugged in newest version of VBox

Post by Jetras »

I just realizes the Windows 11 Home had a major update that installed itself during this same time. So now I'm leaning towards the idea that the windows update is causing this and I might have to wait for the next patch from windows? I reverted back to 6.1.22 and it is still occurring, which is why I'm leaning towards a Windows 11 Home issue. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have another machine that is on Windows 10 that is running 6.1.22 with no issues. I have not upgraded it to 6.1.38, but I will the moment I'm confident that this issue is caused by the new Windows 11 Home update.
Shoot for the Moon, even if you miss you still made it among the stars!