VirtualBox 6.1.34 - Ubuntu Freezes

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
VRoy71uk

VirtualBox 6.1.34 - Ubuntu Freezes

Post by VRoy71uk »

Hi,

I am using VirtualBox 6.1.34 but so far I have not managed to be sucessful on running Ubuntu 20.

The behaviour is random. Sometimes it will start booting and get stuck on the Ubuntu logo. Other times I might get a UI login screen, but once I login everything will seem stuck again (screen turns black but nothing else) and other times I might be able to login and work with no problem.

I have tried numerous changes in the display settings (increased/decreased the video RAM, changed graphics card. enabled/disabled 3D). Increased/Decreased available RAM and number of processors. The overall behaviour still seems random.

Hyper-V is off.

I am attaching the VBox logs here in case anybody can point me out towards a direction

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Logs.zip
VBox log files
(57.53 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
AndyCot

Re: VirtualBox 6.1.34 - Ubuntu Freezes

Post by AndyCot »

In the log it shows you have hyper-V enabled. The "easiest" IMHO way get VB working without disabling it is to grab the latest test version from the following page and give it a go:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds
VRoy71uk

Post by VRoy71uk »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the testbuilds. However this is what I see on my Windows settings
hyperv
hyperv
hyperv.png (2.77 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
which tells me that Hyper-V is not enabled. Is there anywhere else to check?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

VRoy71uk

Post by VRoy71uk »

Thanks all for the replies. Problem seems to be solved.

I followed the steps on viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99390 and turned-off whatever hibernate service seem to be running!