VirtualBox's keyboard will not be disabled when using AnyDesk

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Mete0r

VirtualBox's keyboard will not be disabled when using AnyDesk

Post by Mete0r »

Hi Everyone
The problem is I'm using VBox on a Windows 10 64-bit host and Windows 10 64-bit on the VM guest machine. When I remote desktop to the host using Anydesk and the guest window(VM) is focused and I use "Block User's Input" on AnyDesk, the user can't use the mouse, but the keyboard is still active, and when I minimize the VM window the keyboard deactivates too.
I want both keyboard and mouse disabled.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox's keyboard will not be disabled when using AnyDesk

Post by scottgus1 »

There are very few keyboard settings in Virtualbox. The virtualized keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard. There is a "vboxmanage modifyvm" command to make the keyboard attach via USB "--keyboard <ps2|usb>" (I've never tried this). I don't know if this will have any influence, and you'd probably have to try the vboxmanage command when the VM is shut down.
Mete0r

Post by Mete0r »

scottgus1 wrote:There are very few keyboard settings in Virtualbox. The virtualized keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard. There is a "vboxmanage modifyvm" command to make the keyboard attach via USB "--keyboard <ps2|usb>" (I've never tried this). I don't know if this will have any influence, and you'd probably have to try the vboxmanage command when the VM is shut down.
Thanks for your reply.
You mean that if I change the keyboard type (because I am using PS/2 right now) this will be fixed?
I'll try it, thanks
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Mete0r wrote:You mean that if I change the keyboard type (because I am using PS/2 right now) this will be fixed?
"Will" is a bit strong:
scottgus1 wrote:I don't know if this will have any influence
:wink:
Mete0r

Post by Mete0r »

scottgus1 wrote:
Mete0r wrote:You mean that if I change the keyboard type (because I am using PS/2 right now) this will be fixed?
"Will" is a bit strong:
scottgus1 wrote:I don't know if this will have any influence
:wink:
did this and didn't fix the problem.
Do you think that it is a bug? and if it is how can I report it so it can get resolved?
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Could be an unforeseen incompatibility. You can post on the Bugtracker, and you should also let the AnyDesk folks know. They can confer with the devs if they want via IRC: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103145