Bug in window refresh

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
BCosell

Bug in window refresh

Post by BCosell »

This is with VM 6.1.34 on win10 host with a win10 guest. But it isn't particular with this version -- I've observed this bug for a fair time now:

The problem is that the Windows Settings windows doesn't refresh properly. For doing a window-update I've pretty much always had to do a "refresh" to get the update window to refresh and move on. When I open update, it just sits there. Then I do 'refresh' and it gives me the "updates avaiable... download" window and mostly sits there. When it finishes up I get a window like the attached. I checked this morning and it seems to happen with most all of the Windows settings windows. BUT: from what I can tell it happens with *NO* other windows in my guest. I can't imagine why the Settings window is different from all the others, but it seems to be
Attachments
vmbug.PNG
vmbug.PNG (59.42 KiB) Viewed 988 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Bug in window refresh

Post by scottgus1 »

Try disabling Transparency in the VM's OS:
Settings > Personalization > Colors > Transparency Effects
Ease of Access > Display > Simplify and personalize Windows > Show transparency in Windows

If that doesn't fix the problem, start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.