Error popup message appears on startup

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
VirtueBox

Error popup message appears on startup

Post by VirtueBox »

Hi,
I use windows 7. My virtual box had been working fine until recently when my C drive ran out of disk space. I have problems opening the virtual box, or the virtual box would shut down on its own when my C drive has less than like 20mb of free space, so I need to use CCcleaner to clean up a bit of the free space before I use the virtual box.
It was getting quite annoying, so I used MiniTool to extend my C drive yesterday, and now my C drive has like 10GB of free space. However, I can no long turn on the virtual box, the error message keeps appearing every time when I try to turn on the virtual box. I tried to reinstall and update the virtual box, but it still didn't work.

Thanks in advance,

P.S I cannot upload the entire log file all at once; it says it is too big, so I have to upload only part of it at a time.
Attachments
Vbox.log part_3.txt
Part 3
(81.29 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Vbox.log part_2.txt
Part 2
(87.35 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Vbox.log part_1.txt
Part 1
(56.72 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
VirtueBox

Re: Error popup message appears on startup

Post by VirtueBox »

one more txt file.
Attachments
Vbox.log part_4.txt
Part 4
(84.06 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Zipped logs will fit in one piece. Something to keep in mind for the next log.

But you issue is known. Your 3rd-party Antivirus has enabled its hardware virtualization option. This prevents Virtualbox from running.

Fin the 3rd-party AV's hardware virtualization option, disable it. Virtualbox should then work well again.
VirtueBox

Post by VirtueBox »

scottgus1 wrote:Zipped logs will fit in one piece. Something to keep in mind for the next log.

But you issue is known. Your 3rd-party Antivirus has enabled its hardware virtualization option. This prevents Virtualbox from running.

Fin the 3rd-party AV's hardware virtualization option, disable it. Virtualbox should then work well again.
Thanks! I just disabled the antivirus program, and the virtual box is working fine now :D Now that I think about it, I switched to AVG a few weeks ago(i was using Avast before), and that was when the error message started popping up, so I guess the problem has nothing to do with the disk space then.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

VirtueBox wrote:the problem has nothing to do with the disk space then.
Correct. All that happens when host disk space runs out is the VM pauses, and a pop-up asks for you to clear up host disk space. The the VM should be able to resume when there is enough space available.
VirtueBox wrote:I switched to AVG a few weeks ago(i was using Avast before)
FWIW both of these have been causing this trouble. I have heard one of them bought the other.