VDI storage disk Inaccessible on VM's after VirtualBox upgrade to 6.1.34 r150636

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Nilesh

VDI storage disk Inaccessible on VM's after VirtualBox upgrade to 6.1.34 r150636

Post by Nilesh »

I have 4 linux virtual machines in Virtual Box with VDI shareable storage attached between them.
This was working ok until today when I shutdown the machines and updated the VirtualBox to version 6.1.34
After restart of VirtualBox The VDI storage has become Inaccessible in all the VM's.
I can still see this storage VDI file in Windows explorer.
Any idea how to I make them accessible again.

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine rac1.

Could not open the medium 'O:\ASM\rac1_DATA01.vdi'.

VD: error VERR_PATH_NOT_FOUND opening image file 'O:\ASM\rac1_DATA01.vdi' (VERR_PATH_NOT_FOUND).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MediumWrap
Interface: IMedium {ad47ad09-787b-44ab-b343-a082a3f2dfb1}

But O:\ASM\<files> are available
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VDI storage disk Inaccessible on VM's after VirtualBox upgrade to 6.1.34 r150636

Post by mpack »

The error message seems straightforward - the path doesn't exist, and I've never known VirtualBox to be wrong about something like that. If you think it is wrong then please post a screenshot of the O:\ASM\ folder, in a window that displays the drive letter, path, and the folder contents.

The standard Windows Snipping Tool is a great way to capture screenshots. Trim the image to less than 128KB and then attach it here using the "Upload attachment" tab.