Virtualbox crashes as soon as I open the program

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
xander_eight

Virtualbox crashes as soon as I open the program

Post by xander_eight »

I have been using virtualbox on and off for a week in total. Today I decide to use it again to try an old game I want to play. As soon as I click the icon to start up the program, it starts up normally... for a few seconds... it loads and immediately closes the program. I don't have a chance to run the VM at all. What should I do? I have uninstalled the program, and re installed it and installed it without deleting it. I would like to use it again.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Virtualbox crashes as soon as I open the program

Post by mpack »

xander_eight wrote:As soon as I click the icon to start up the program, it starts up normally... for a few seconds... it loads and immediately closes the program
What is "the program"? Are you referring to launching the VM or are you running some program inside the VM?

If the former, provide a VM log file. Make sure the VM is fully closed down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.

If the latter: not all programs will run in a VM. But given that VM log we can see what odds you gave it.