Windows 11 Pro Host + Windows 11 Pro Guest (Compat??)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Smuddy

Windows 11 Pro Host + Windows 11 Pro Guest (Compat??)

Post by Smuddy »

I wanted to separate my running Windows 11 Pro (Hardware is fully compatible with all security issues e.g.) from any missconfigs related to my developer work, so i bought a second license to install it into virtualbox.

With the current virtualbox production release i could boot the vm, but then i got "fulfills not all requirements". I read that TPM is only available within test releases of virtualbox, but both test and developer release were not able to entry boot stage. One Problem was the same as the spanish or italian colleague with usb devices has.

Also, Windows 11 isn't currently in the compatibility list of virtualbox. Is there an estimation when it comes to an officiall supported version?

Thanks a lot in advance, i'm very excited!!!
AndyCot

Re: Windows 11 Pro Host + Windows 11 Pro Guest (Compat??)

Post by AndyCot »

What version of VB are you using?

Check out the following thread for some things to try and do, especially viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103946&start=75#p509554
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 11 Pro Host + Windows 11 Pro Guest (Compat??)

Post by scottgus1 »

The plans I've heard are that support of Windows 11 will be in 7.0 when it comes out, no date provided yet.

The 6.1.97 test builds are supposed to be what 7.0 will be. There's nothing wrong with trying those .97 builds, except that if you Windows host's MSI installer database goes south (and they do) you'll need the .97 installer to recover, and .97 installers aren't archived, so you'll need to save the installer.

.97 has a TPM in it.