Error after upgrading VirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Skywanter

Error after upgrading VirtualBox

Post by Skywanter »

Hello. I've upgraded VirtualBox to 6.1.30 version and then I can't launch my Windows XP Virtual Machine. I attach error that I receive and logs. Please help me.
Attachments
Logs.zip
(66.89 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Error information.txt
(308 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Error after upgrading VirtualBox

Post by mpack »

The error in the log reminds me of cases where there is a mixture of code versions on the PC, e.g. where the user has copied VirtualBox.exe to some handy location which is not updated along with VirtualBox.

If so then you need to stop doing that. A shortcut is fine, copying the actual executable is not.

If that isn't it then VirtualBox has not been installed properly. Uninstall it, then install it again but this time run the installer using "Run as administrator".
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

This one might be the Hyper-V Memory Integrity glitch? 6.1.32 is supposed to have new code to fix this, ttry upgrading Virtualbox.

Or try disabling Hyper-V: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active). Note the part about IT if you're on a work PC.
Skywanter

Post by Skywanter »

mpack wrote:The error in the log reminds me of cases where there is a mixture of code versions on the PC, e.g. where the user has copied VirtualBox.exe to some handy location which is not updated along with VirtualBox.

If so then you need to stop doing that. A shortcut is fine, copying the actual executable is not.

If that isn't it then VirtualBox has not been installed properly. Uninstall it, then install it again but this time run the installer using "Run as administrator".
Hello. Thank you for your respond, but you probably haven't read logs. Logs shows that VirtualBox is installed in proper location. I installed the newest version 6.1.32 and it fix my problem. So version 6.1.30 have bugs or previous installation process meets any problems or extension pack that I use were problematic.