connect iphone to localhost

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
rsail

connect iphone to localhost

Post by rsail »

I'm running virtualbox on a windows 10 pc creating a virtual Linux machine. On that machine I create a localhost server. Can someone provide guidance or a resource to show how to connect iphone to localhost?
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: connect iphone to localhost

Post by BillG »

That is not what a localhost server is for. By definition it is only available to users on the local host -i.e. the device on which the server is installed. It probably accesses it using its localhost IP address which only works on that device. The networking software interprets this as "this is a local device so do not send this traffic anywhere else", so you cannot use it from another device on the network.

If you can find any way to access a localhost server from some other device using physical devices, the same procedure will work if the network settings in the vm are correct. If you can find such a method we can help you with the VirtualBox networking setup. If your host PC is on a LAN you should be able to do it using bridged mode and use the vm's LAN IP as the server address.

I would start by googling access localhost from Iphone.
Bill