Virtualbox & Windows 11

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
BluesyPete

Virtualbox & Windows 11

Post by BluesyPete »

Goodnight all,
What exactly are the prerequisites to be able to create a "Window 11 Pro" virtual machine on a PC running Windows 10 Pro x64 (version of Virtualbox, Windows and Bios settings, etc.) ? :D
Currently I can only create 32-bit virtual machines with Virtualbox 6.1.30. :(
Thank you

Bonsoir à tous,
Quels sont très précisément les prérequis pour pouvoir créer une machine virtuelle "Window 11 Pro" sur un PC sous Windows 10 Pro x64 (version de Virtualbox, paramètres de Windows et du Bios, etc) ?
Actuellement je ne peux créer que des machines virtuelles 32 bits avec Virtualbox 6.1.30.
Merci
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtualbox & Windows 11

Post by scottgus1 »

BluesyPete wrote:Currently I can only create 32-bit virtual machines with Virtualbox 6.1.30.
See I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests
BluesyPete wrote:prerequisites to be able to create a "Window 11 Pro" virtual machine
Read through the Windows Guests forum, there's some things early adopters have tried.
Also, try the "Development snapshot" Virtualbox test builds
If you decide to try a test build, save the installer file, because you'll need it if your host PC's MSI installer database goes south on you (they do sometimes, it is Windows after all) and the test build installers get deleted from virtualbox.org when the nest official version comes out.
BluesyPete

Post by BluesyPete »

Thank you Scottgus1 for these well detailed links.
After checking, all my settings were correct (Bios, VT-x, Hyper-V, Device Guard, Core isolation, ...). :)
The solution was to deactivate "Windows Sandbox" and reinstall VirtualBox. :D
I am now fully ready to install a Windows 11 virtual machine. :?
Thanks again.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Great! Glad you're up and running.
BluesyPete

Post by BluesyPete »

On the web there are a lot of advice and tutorial posts about "Windows 11 and Virtual Box", but few of them detail the various essential prerequisites as well (especially for Windows Sandbox).

Also a few long moments of effort later and my Windows 11 Pro virtual machine is functional! :D
What to test the novelties ... mainly cosmetic and aesthetic. :roll:
Thanks again scottgus1