Cartella condivisa (shared folder)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Wolmer

Cartella condivisa (shared folder)

Post by Wolmer »

Hi, I can't get the shared folder stored. Every time I turn off the pc when I come back I have to reconfigure it. I checked the "automatic mounting" box and the folder is located on a second data disk on the pc that mounts windows 10. Can you help me?
Last edited by scottgus1 on 17. Nov 2021, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic title
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Cartella condivisa

Post by scottgus1 »

Automatic mounting doesn't make the folder permanent. If you are making the shared folder while the VM is running, there is an extra box to make the shared folder permanent, which you have to click also.

Otherwise we need to know exactly how you're making the folder.

Also, please post these items:

1. Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

2. Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. Zip the VM's .vbox file (not the .vbox-prev file), and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions if the folder that opens does not show a .vbox file.)