Windows 10 Security and VirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Oracleiscool
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 11 22H2

Re: Windows 10 Security and VirtualBox

Post by Oracleiscool »

@scottgus1

OK! Got it Scott! :D Yes, just so that the executable/installer can "run" in their Docker Container without the all the fancy MOKUTIL and key signing fiasco. The only reason I ask is to be able to load (without side-loading) other OS's behind VirtualBox. (WSL2 has a very limited Linux Distro List, and I saw Oracle in the list, so....). OK, short and sweet :lol:
Oracleiscool

Post by Oracleiscool »

Thank you Virtualbox and Oracle Team,
I see the version 7 in Docker in WSL2. Now I need to learn Docker so I can try and load an OS behind it. I am a few years out of pocket on vm and containers, so will report back when I get it working. Thank you all :D
Oracleiscool

Post by Oracleiscool »

Well here we go... WSL2 and the Docker Desktop kept failing to load and run without faults. The main distro, Debian, ran fine, but Ubuntu kept causing WSL2 to fail and close. Nothing I tried was working and I was using all the official information.

Then, I started noticing that Windows updates were not always updating properly, so I removed the whole WSL2 system and reset the graphics drivers and everything in windows 10 settled down. Can't make it work reliably, so it goes away. Sorry not helpful, but at least truthful. I don't think WSL2 is quite ready for prime time yet.