Bridged Adapters Connectivity Reset on Host Network Modification

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
PlatinumV

Bridged Adapters Connectivity Reset on Host Network Modification

Post by PlatinumV »

Configuration
I have VirtualBox 6.1.22 with Kali Linux (Host Windows 10). I am using 2 Bridge Adapters. It is necessary to be bridged (conduct Penetration Tests).:
  • Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
  • Intel (R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-V
Problem
All works fine but when I change Wifi or Ethernet (lets say from work to home) I am not able to reconnect to either adapter until the VM is completly shutdown/closed (not ever restart or save state) and reopened.
It is really annoying as I am losing my opened tabs and work and I need a dynamic solution as I am often required to switch between interfaces.

Attempts to resolve
I have tried restarting VM adapters (Disconnect/Connect), turn on/off linux adapters eth0 & eth1, restart NetworkManager service, delete the current connections and reconfigure them but with no avail. Also using 2 different adapters thought it would work as it might be confused which one is currently the Host running
I do not know where the responsible logs of VirtualBox are, but I have inspect the VMs log (right click on Machine -> View logs) but I did not found anything that indicates an error message.