Virtualbox getting error while running CentOS Hardening Issue

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dexter007

Virtualbox getting error while running CentOS Hardening Issue

Post by dexter007 »

VBoxHardening new.zip
(12.57 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Hi,

I am new user of Virtualbox.I have several times tried to start the CentOS image from Virtualbox but it is getting error as below dump.Can anyone kind please help?Attachedis the log file.Please let me know how can I fix it. I have literally tried most of the tricks but failed.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Virtualbox getting error while running CentOS Hardening Issue

Post by mpack »

Please post the VM log too. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
dexter007

Post by dexter007 »

Actually the VM is not even starting. Whenever I am trying to start, it is showing error as mentioned in the zip file.I have attached them too. I am not using any external Antivirus. Thank you very much for your help!
Attachments
Logs.zip
Error Log with Screenshot
(227.28 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Sure enough, no vbox.logs being made.

This one has an error on opengl32.dll, but the hardening log does not explain why. Please check if you have any theme-editing or other video based hacks installed on the PC.

Also see Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues. You'll have to use your imagination, the log is not explaining the source of the error. Pst 4 and the end of post 3 might give clues, especially any "web-safe" software like ProtectTools or Trusteer Rapport, etc.