Display

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
bigmikH

Display

Post by bigmikH »

I am having an issue getting my Virtual Box display to be full screen. My image is 32 bit windows 7 system. Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?

I like it when the VB image is the entire screen. My hosting PC is windows 10 64 bit.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Display

Post by scottgus1 »

Install Guest Additions in the VM, see section 4 in the manual.
bigmikH

Post by bigmikH »

I do have Guest Additions on. Now I have full display feature although there is still 2 Task Bars visible, 1-for the virtual box machine and 1- for the host PC. This is what I am trying to get rid of. I do know its possible because on a Windows 10 Machine that I have with a Windows 10 VB I have it. Cannot get this one figured out?
bigmikH

Post by bigmikH »

Sorry 'now" forgot the W.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

It appears you are running Seamless. This mode makes the VM screen the size of the host's desktop minus the host's taskbar, then makes the VM OS's desktop transparent, but it does display the VM OS's taskbar too.

Virtualbox does not have a way to erase the VM OS's taskbar. You would have to configure the OS to hide its own taskbar. Short of major changes in the VM OS, here is a suggestion: move the VM OS's taskbar to the top or side, then set it to auto-hide.
bigmikH

Post by bigmikH »

ok, thanks for the recommendation. :D