same canvas result on new created virtualbox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
jhon1643

Re: same canvas result on new created virtualbox

Post by jhon1643 »

obviosuly i will sell the windows licence too

my idea was create vm and then give access to it from anydesk or rdp , i love the simple ways

but i tested multiple licence , it does not change those ids i showed u on web .

gona read all yours links , thanks for the info
jhon1643

Post by jhon1643 »

what i meant above is that i created multiple vms and puted diff windows licneces and it didnt change the values on web
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

All of these things are experiments, based on us not knowing what "canvas" numbers come from. If "canvas is read from hardware, then all Virtualbox hardware is the same, just like Dell's Optiplexes.
jhon1643

Post by jhon1643 »

just a quick update
Sysprep did not help

all values r still same . canvas webgl r same
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

I still do not understand why you want all values to be different (and not only one value), especially those values that can be expected to be the same when creating copies of a master system, be it a physical PC or a VM.
jhon1643

Post by jhon1643 »

because google,twitter,youtube etc will keep asking for sms

u cannot use more than 2 accounts per 1 canvas hash ...well u can but then they ask for sms and are much more strict

i did already tests and as long as those value r all same they limit those accs
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

@jhon1643, can you please do some research and tell us what sources canvas uses to calculate these numbers? Once we know the sources, we might be able to suggest something.

Please provide us a list we can read here on the forum, not a link to another website.
jhon1643

Post by jhon1643 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting

just search google for canvas finger print
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

scottgus1 wrote:Please provide us a list we can read here on the forum, not a link to another website.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting looks like a link to another website to me, not you providing the requested list.

From the link:
the fingerprint is primarily based on the browser, operating system, and installed graphics hardware,
From the 'browserleaks' link:
this deals with many OS features related to the graphics environment. Potentially it can be used to identify the video adapter
Browser can be one of a few common, OS is identical in your copied VM scheme, Virtualbox only provides three graphics adapters. Not much option for variability.
jhon1643

Post by jhon1643 »

each browser has a dif canvas value

ie chrome ff edge will get dif values

BUT

all those values will be SAME on all vms u create on that pc .

so ie cavas value wil be same on vm1 vm2 vm3

i even tried diffrent companies vms and its still same , so they take some values from hardware . nobody knows what so im left playing with hardware settings .
i tried some app to change hdd values but windows blocks those
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

You can read the exact details about Canvas fingerprinting on HTML5 Canvas Fingerprinting ? How Does It Work. From this information, it follows that the Canvas fingerprint on its own is not suited to identify a web browser, and that it can only be used as one of several fingerprints, which together can result in more uniqueness. Speaking of which: Don't get fooled by the Uniqueness value shown on that web page. Even if you create a million VMs, the Browserleaks.com page above will tell you that all the browsers' Canvas fingerprints have a Uniqueness of more than 99%; that's correct, but it's not the uniqueness you're after. Let us know if you don't understand something from that web page, then I'll try and explain it.
fth0 wrote:I still do not understand why you want all values to be different (and not only one value), especially those values that can be expected to be the same when creating copies of a master system, be it a physical PC or a VM.
jhon1643 wrote:u cannot use more than 2 accounts per 1 canvas hash ...well u can but then they ask for sms and are much more strict
Can you point us to an official source of this (e.g. Google documentation), or is this only based on your experiments?
jhon1643

Post by jhon1643 »

its based on experiment .

if u use more than 2 vms u will see google.com will log u out on all vms browsers and ask for sms to verify your accounts