Virtual box - guru mediation critical error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Ken2019

Virtual box - guru mediation critical error

Post by Ken2019 »

Hello
In advance i will like to thanks. this is my first using this or actually any forums. so please forgive me if i make any mistakes.
I am running into a critical error.
I have tried going to the setting upon boot up and enabled the vm options.
also have disabled hyper v, i saw this on other forums
please take a look at my log file and advice.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(48.14 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Virtual box - guru mediation critical error

Post by mpack »

You've done very well for a first time forum user - I didn't even need to tell you how to provide a locally attached zipped log.

Two things. First, you have not succeeded in disabling Hyper-v:
00:00:03.634556 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: VT-x is not available
00:00:03.689835 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
NEM is the "engine" that underlies Hyper-v and everything in Win10 that implicitly enables it. You haven't caught them all. Read this for how to get rid of it properly: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).

Second: there's a likely bug in the Win2019 template. Switch to the Win2016 template instead, i.e. in the VM settings General tab, change the OS version to "Windows 2016 (64 bit)".

In other news: you should enable 3D acceleration. This accelerates all graphics, not just 3D. This can wait until the VM is otherwise stable though. Also give the VM 2 cores - that can't wait. I'll note that your host CPU only has 2 cores total, meaning it is not ideally suited to running two x 64bit multiprocessor OSs at the same time.
slink_59

Post by slink_59 »

Hi, i didn't know where to post, basically i have the same error "Guru Meditation".
If someone could help me. Thank in advance.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(54.18 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

@slink_69: Your problem has nothing to with the OPs: that fact that error messages all tend to start with the word ERROR! does not mean that only one error type exists.

It looks like you are trying to install something called "Win11 Preview" using a generic Windows NT template. Don't. Use the correct template. Trying to run two 64bit OS's in 4GB RAM won't be helping much either (the VM as configured is probably already exhausting host RAM). Choose the correct guest template and create your own topic if you still have problems.
Ken2019

Post by Ken2019 »

Thank you so much for kind reply.
your response helped so much.
I should have mentioned that i saw the post previous you posted and had done those commands in the cmd.

but I found the problem. "virtual machine platform" was checked. once i unchecked it and did a cold boot.
it started to work perfectly.

Thank you so much.
This was extremely helpful!