Same error with 6.1 6.0 and 5.4

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
MystD

Same error with 6.1 6.0 and 5.4

Post by MystD »

I've tried all fixes I could find searching the problem but nothing worked so far.
Virtualization is enabled, VB was installed with admin prev., VBox and extension have the exact same version.

Code: Select all

The virtual machine 'Gentoo' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\C3PO\VirtualBox VMs\Gentoo\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: 
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: 
MachineWrap
Interface: 
IMachine {85632c68-b5bb-4316-a900-5eb28d3413df}
I gave the log a try but it's too much for me.
Can't post the log: size is to big for the post and I can't add urls yet so this is the best I can do atm: pastebin /gug95qrg
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Same error with 6.1 6.0 and 5.4

Post by scottgus1 »

Zipped logs fit. Please try the log again. Also, see Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues
MystD

Post by MystD »

Ahh I can upload files here it is.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(14.72 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

First thing, you're running Virtualbox 6.1.22 on a Windows 7 host PC. Virtualbox 6.1.x does not support Windows 7 as a host OS anymore. Drop back to 6.0.x or 5.2.x, see what happens.

If the hardening problem does not go away, then per Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues, an exit code of 1 (posts 3 and 4) means there could be some security software installed that may be interfering. You have Malwarebytes installed, that may or may not be a cause. Other things are not reported, but some software causes trouble yet doesn't show up in the log. Web-safe nanny software like Trusteer Rapport, HP ProtectTools, stuff like that.

An uninstall (not just disable) of all security software as a test may get Virtualbox going. Then add one security software at a time, reboot, and try Virtualbox. Once the failure returns, the suspect will be found. Alternatively, a reinstall can engender coexistence.