issue starting snapshoot

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
tony10111

issue starting snapshoot

Post by tony10111 »

hi is am having this issue when starting snapshoot, i created this snap 19 hours ago
Attachments
snap33.jpg
snap33.jpg (95.83 KiB) Viewed 840 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: issue starting snapshoot

Post by scottgus1 »

I have never been able to figure out what causes this.

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose "Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager". In the window that opens, zip the VM's .vbox file and the .vbox-prev file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (If you have a Windows host, please make sure all file extensions are shown, so you will be able to see the .vbox extension easier.)

Also, please post the complete list of files in the the window that opens, including files in subfolders, so we can see what files exist in the VM folder.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: issue starting snapshoot

Post by mpack »

ISTM likely that this must be some kind of path problem, e.g. caused by an unexpected folder structure for the VM.

If this is a linked clone then it would have be useful to have the .vbox from the parent VM, and the absolute paths for both VM folders.

Maybe screenshots of the relevants folders too: VM folder and snapshots subfolder, and confirmation that the latter is inside the former. I'm thinking that something is going to be weird, e.g. that the OP maybe moved the base VDI to another drive for size reasons, then registered it out of order with the snapshot.