supR3HardenedErrorV

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Hong1729

supR3HardenedErrorV

Post by Hong1729 »

I try to start the Ubuntu(64 bit) on my computer(Win10), but the Ubuntu strucks in a black screen with only a cursor in the upper left corner (but no text can be inputed). The login screen is not loaded. I'm already running the most recent version of VMVirtualBox. What's the problem? What should I do?
The VBox.log is attached.
00:00:06.653805 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: cached rc=VERR_SUP_VP_NOT_OWNED_BY_TRUSTED_INSTALLER fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 cHits=1024 \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Users\tiany\AppData\Local\youdao\dict\Application\8.9.6.0\WordStrokeHelper64.dll
00:00:06.653899 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: rejecting 'C:\Users\tiany\AppData\Local\youdao\dict\Application\8.9.6.0\WordStrokeHelper64.dll' (C:\Users\tiany\AppData\Local\youdao\dict\Application\8.9.6.0\WordStrokeHelper64.dll): rcNt=0xc0000190
These two lines repeat several times. The "youdao" in the directory is another application. Does that matter?
display setting.png
display setting.png (28.33 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
This is my display setting. I change the graphics controller from VMSVGA to VBoxVGA, and the "invalid settings detected" shows up. But if the graphics controller is VMSVGA, "*ERROR* Failed to send host log message" shows up. Does that matter?

Thanks a lot.
Attachments
VBox.rar
VBox.log
(24.84 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: supR3HardenedErrorV

Post by scottgus1 »

The hardening messages are on-the-fly rejections. They do not appear to cause trouble in stopping the VM, you should not have to worry about "youdao".

The error messages with the VMSVGA video adapter can also be ignored. These come from a bug in the video driver provided by Linux for the VMSVGA adapter. I get these messages on working Linux VMs too. The OS will continue to boot just fine with these errors once we get it booting at all.

What appears to cause the trouble is that the Windows host Hyper-V is enabled and needs to be disabled. See HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).
Hong1729

Post by Hong1729 »

scottgus1 wrote:The hardening messages are on-the-fly rejections. They do not appear to cause trouble in stopping the VM, you should not have to worry about "youdao".

The error messages with the VMSVGA video adapter can also be ignored. These come from a bug in the video driver provided by Linux for the VMSVGA adapter. I get these messages on working Linux VMs too. The OS will continue to boot just fine with these errors once we get it booting at all.

What appears to cause the trouble is that the Windows host Hyper-V is enabled and needs to be disabled. See HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).
Thanks!!!!! I solved the problem by following the instruction in your link. I enter these two commands:

Code: Select all

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
shutdown -s -t 2
and unplug my computer and plug it and reboot it.
Then the VM runs and usual virtualization icon shows up.
Hong1729

Re: [Resolved] supR3HardenedErrorV

Post by Hong1729 »

Marked as resolved.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Great! Glad you're up and running.
Hong1729

Post by Hong1729 »

I have another question.
For a few weeks after I installed virtualbox, the ubuntu was working fine, but suddenly it stopped working due to the problem with hyper-v. I didn't change the settings of hyper-v during this process. I reinstalled virtualbox again with similar results. So, what changed to cause it to go from running to not running?