Networking Question

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
SethJT

Networking Question

Post by SethJT »

I have three copies of windows running on my Virtualbox, let’s call them A, B and C.

I have 4 actual interface ports on the host machine, one assigned to the host for internet access and three currently unused. Let’s call the unused interfaces 1, 2 and 3.

It is possible to assign

A - 1
B - 2
C - 3

Without these being bridged to the internet connection?

I want to use these for some lab learning and this could be an easy way to access the lab devices.

Thanks
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Networking Question

Post by BillG »

Yes, you can bridge a vm to any active NIC in the host. When you select the Network option in the vm settings and choose Bridged Adapter, you will get a dropdown list of available adapters to select. You will not be offered the NIC unless it is actually connected to something.
Bill
SethJT

Re: Networking Question

Post by SethJT »

BillG wrote:Yes, you can bridge a vm to any active NIC in the host. When you select the Network option in the vm settings and choose Bridged Adapter, you will get a dropdown list of available adapters to select. You will not be offered the NIC unless it is actually connected to something.
Thanks that’s great, I’ll give that a go when I am next back in the lab environment.
Thanks