Error after Closing Guest OSes

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
DanielJohn

Error after Closing Guest OSes

Post by DanielJohn »

Hello. I seemed to have this error message pop up every time I shut down a guest OS.
I have disabled 3 acceleration on the OS hardware in (Virtual Box settings). I have also disabled Hyper V and WSL on (Windows Feature)
This is the error message that pops up.

Error:

VirtualBoxVM.exe. - Application Error
The memory could not be written.

(will post picture tomorrow since i just created account today, It says I must be a member for 1 day before I can post URLS)

Can someone help me through it?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Error after Closing Guest OSes

Post by scottgus1 »

If you have McAffee AV installed, try to set exceptions for every Virtualbox folder and VM folder, so McAffee doesnt scan anything related to Virtualbox. If this doesn't work, uninstall McAffee and see if Virtualbox works. Report this to McAffee if either path causes good Virtualbox again.

If you don't have McAffee, Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log and the hardening log next to it, zip them, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
weswilcox

Post by weswilcox »

I also have the problem on closing every Virtual Machine. Two alerts that say memory at 7FFC31409B2C cannot be written.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

weswilcox, it is expected that you read the topic you're posting in and try the suggestions first before posting a me-too. You have not reported doing either. Please correct this oversight.
weswilcox

Post by weswilcox »

Disabled McAfee RealTime Scanning. Errors continued on shutdown.
Zip file of 2 requested Logs attached.

Thanks
Attachments
VBoxLogs.zip
VBox Log Files
(76.78 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

weswilcox wrote:Disabled McAfee RealTime Scanning.
!=
scottgus1 wrote:set exceptions for every Virtualbox folder ... uninstall McAffee
Pyth7

Post by Pyth7 »

Yep, uninstalling Mcafee solved the problem. This nonsense only started within the last month.

Russ Kinter