Error Unable to Write memory

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
KrisH100

Error Unable to Write memory

Post by KrisH100 »

I'm using VBox to run Linux and every time I exit/turn off the VBox an error appears which reads
The instruction at 0x00007FFAE0819B2C referenced memory at 0x00007FFAE0819B2C. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program
At the moment this poses no threat to the usability and performance of the Virtual machine but I want to understand and possibly solve this problem. A lot of the "solutions" that I have previously found have told me to turn of 3D-acceleration in which I have to no avail to solve the solution. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Image(of error):
Attachments
VMerror.PNG
VMerror.PNG (10.13 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Error Unable to Write memory

Post by scottgus1 »

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log.

Search the far left tab's log for this text:

Attempting fall back to NEM

If you find it, Hyper-V is enabled and needs to be disabled. See HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).

If you don't find that text, save the far left tab's log and the hardening log next to it (if you have a Windows host), zip the log file(s), and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
KrisH100

Post by KrisH100 »

I couldn't find
Attempting fall back to NEM
in the log so here are the two logs.

Thanks
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(35.87 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
VBox.zip
(44.34 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Your PC has McAffee installed, this kind of problem has been reported in the forum a few times. Try to set exceptions to every Virtualbox and VM folder. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling McAffee completely.