Possible to boot into Mac's BootCamp?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
bhwong

Possible to boot into Mac's BootCamp?

Post by bhwong »

I have a physical harddisk from a spoiled MacMini and I manage to use VirtualBox to boot into MacOSX 10.9.2 in the harddisk thru the USB connection. And when I open the Startup Disk in MacOSX, I'm pleased to find the BootCamp partition is also available as well.

However, when I attempt to change the startup disk to the BootCamp Partition from the MacOSX System Preferences, VirtualBox is unable to reboot into the BootCamp Windows environment, and reverse back into MacOSX. Why is this so?

btw, I also have vmware fusion installed in MacOSX 10.9.2 which also has the option to boot into BootCamp within the MacOSX environment. It didn't work as well. In additional, the Windows 98 VM, also found inside the vmware fusion, is not able to boot up as well, telling me that I'm running it through an incompatible hypervisor! (Windows 10 > Virtualbox > MacOSX > Fusion > Windows 98)
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Possible to boot into Mac's BootCamp?

Post by scottgus1 »

The problem with this idea, even if it could be done, is that if you aren't using a real Apple computer, then it violates Apple's EULA to run the Mac VM. And if we try to help we risk bringing the wrath of Apple's lawyers down on Virtualbox. OSX guests on non-Apple hardware

You'd at least need a real Mac to try it, then you might very well succeed. Ask more on the Mac Forums once you get access to a Mac.